Calgary Launch & Tour; Lt. Yates, Porter, Simm, Priestnall, Perry, White, Andresen

Doctor have you washed your hands?

To purchace a copy of My Personal Grab & Go Health Book
Cost: $5.00 including shipping

My Personal Grab & Go Health Book is 11 pages waiting for you to fill in your personal and medical information. Take this book to your doctor's office, keep a copy in your house and your car in case of an accident. It will provide your doctors with immediate information, personal and medical, so your treatment will not be delayed in the ER. Keep one for each of your children to take to camp or to keep in their back pack for school refrence in case of illness or an emergency.

Navigating the Hospital
From admission to discharge, Dr. Bernadine Healy preps patients and their families for major surgery.

TV Interview

Doctor have you washed your hands?

TV Interview for surviving in the Healthcare System.

Listen to a Global TV Interview with Donna on tips
for surviving in the Healthcare System.

To arrange speaking engagement contact

Choosing the Right Treatment

The first step in getting the right treatment is being honest with your doctor. You are in a partnership with your doctor and you should tell her/him everything pertinent to your condition. Don't skimp on the truth. Your doctor is there to help you, not to judge you. Don't forget that your doctor is going to base your diagnosis on 80 % of what you tell him/her. The other 20% is based on laboratory tests, MRIs, X-Rays etc. After evaluating everything you have said along with the tests, your doctor will give you your diagnosis and will decide what treatment is best for you. Once you have your diagnosis you must find out as much as you can about your disease or condition.

  • YOU DO HAVE OPTIONS. Your doctor may recommend one or more of the following:
    • Behavior change such as eating a healthier diet, getting more exercise, quitting smoking.
    • Prescription medicine.
    • Non-prescription over-the-counter medicines and supplements like vitamins.
    • Surgery.
    • Rehabilitation - physical therapy.
    • Alternative therapy such as acupuncture, hypnotherapy, massage, etc.
  • Listen to your doctor's recommendations.
  • Weight the benefits and risks of your treatment plan and discuss them with your doctor.
  • Making a decision.
    • Find out as much as you can about other treatments available for your condition. Check reputable internet sites such as NIH and Mayo Clinic and Cleveland clinic.
    • Become an informed patient so you can ask informed questions and ask your doctor lots of questions.
    • Ask friends if they know of anyone who has had the same problem as you and if possible, talk to them.
    • If your surgery is elective, ask your doctor if it is really necessary.
  • If your treatment plan or medication is not working out for you, DON'T change anything on your own. Speak with your doctor and TOGETHER work out a plan or medication that is best for you.